Now you know what piece of software is used to publish this blog. I really like it, the major mode makes it a great experience to be using this tool, and the fact that you produce the HTML and rsync it all from within Emacs ( C-c C-p then C-c C-r with some easy elisp code) is a big advantage as far as I’m concerned. No need to resort to shell and Makefile.

What’s new here is that I missed the one page per article trend that other blog software propose, and the blog entries index too. I didn’t want to invest time into hacking Muse itself, that was my excuse for accepting the situation. But I finally took a deeper look at the Emacs Muse Manual, and found out about the :after and :final functions.

Those two function will get run while in the output buffer, the HTML formatted one. With the :after function, it’s still possible to edit the buffer content, for example to add a mini index to previous articles, whereas with the :final function the buffer is read-only and already written to disk, so it’s to late to edit it. Still it’s possible to cut it in pieces and write a new file per article you find in there.

The code to realize my wishes is available but has not been edited with customisation in mind, so to use it you will have to edit some places rather than just setq some defcustom. Well, if I have demand, I’ll generalize the code and share it on Emacs Wiki and ELPA. Meanwhile, happy hacking!