skytools related new today, it's been a while. For those who where at
FOSDEM's talk about
Implementing High Availability you might have heard
that I really like working with
PGQ. A new version has been released a while
ago, and the most recent verion is now
3.1.3, as announced in the
Skytools 3.1.3 email.
We still have this problem to solve with extensions and their packaging.
How to best organize things so that your extension is compatible with before
9.1 and following releases of
While currently too busy at work to deliver much Open Source contributions,
let's debunk an old habit of
PostgreSQL extension authors. It's all down to
copy pasting from
contrib, and there's no reason to continue doing
this way ever since
I've been working on
skytools3 packaging lately. I've been pushing quite a
lot of work into it, in order to have exactly what I needed out of the box,
after some 3 years of production and experiences with the products. Plural,
yes, because even if
plproxy are siblings to the projets (same
developers team, separate life cycle and releases), then
includes several sub-projects.
If you've not been following closely you might have missed out on extensions integration. Well, Tom spent some time on the patches I've been preparing for the last 4 months. And not only did he commit most of the work but he also enhanced some parts of the code (better factoring) and basically finished it.
Yes, you read it well,
recipes, and is now
1.1 release. The reason for this release is mainly that I have
two big chunks of code to review and the current code has been very stable
for awhile. It seems better to do a release with the stable code that exists
now before to shake it this much. If you're wondering when to jump in the
water and switch to using
el-get, now is a pretty good time.
In trying to help an extension debian packaging effort, I've once again proposed to handle it. That's because I now begin to know how to do it, as you can see in my package overview page at debian QA facility. There's a reason why I proposed myself here, it's that yet another tool of mine is now to be found in debian, and should greatly help extension packaging there. You can already check for the postgresql-server-dev-all package page if you're that impatient!
I've been using emacs for a long time, and a long time it took me to consider learning Emacs Lisp. Before that, I didn't trust my level of understanding enough to be comfortable in managing my setup efficiently.
So there it is, at long last, the final
1.0.0 release of prefix! It's on its
way into the debian repository (targetting sid, in testing in 10 days) and
At long last,
here it is. With binary versions both for
postgresal-8.4! Unfortunately my other packaging efforts are still waiting
NEW queue, but I hope to soon see
I've been having problem with building both
postgresql-8.4-prefix debian packages from the same source package, and
fixing the packaging issue forced me into modifying the main
Makefile. So while reaching
rc2, I tried to think about missing pieces easy
to add this late in the game: and there's one, that's a function
length(prefix_range), so that you don't have to cast to text no more in the
following wildspread query: